Sunday 24 November 2013

Before Midnight (2013)






I kind of see love as this escape for two people who don’t really know how to be alone. 




Well, what I miss the most about him is the way he use to lie down next to me, sometimes his arm would stretch along my chest such that I couldn’t move myself. I withheld my breath and I felt safe, complete. And I miss the way he was whistling down the streets and every time I do something I think of what he would say, well its cold today, wear a scarf, but lately I have been forgetting little things, he is sort of fading. I am starting to forget him and it’s like losing him again. So sometimes I make myself remember every detail of his face, the exact color of his eyes, lips, his cheeks, skin , his hair that was all gone by the time he went. And sometimes, not always, but sometimes I actually see him as if a cloud moves away and he is there, like I could almost touch him and that’s when a real world rushes in and he vanishes again. Well I did this every morning when the sun was not too bright outside, well the sun somehow makes him vanish, as he appears and he disappears like a sunrise and sunset or anything so ephemeral , just like our life we appear and disappear and we are so important to someone but we are just passing through.



You know something, you’re just like the little girls and everybody else. You wanna live inside some fairy tale. I’m just trying to make things better here. I tell you that I love you unconditionally. I tell you that you’re beautiful. I tell you that your ass looks great when you’re eighty. I’m trying to make you laugh. I put up with plenty of your shit and if you think I’m just some dog who’s gonna keep coming back, then you’re wrong. But if you want true love, then this is it. This is real life; it’s not perfect but it’s real and if you can’t see it, then you’re blind.


I guess when you’re young you just believe there’ll be many people you’ll connect with. Later in life you realise it only happens a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment